I am not sure if the tags and are the same. If they are Can we merge this.

Else can we have tag wiki to explain the difference.

A synonym may not be required as search for w-2 automatically get form-w-2.

  • Which one should be the primary? Jan 10, 2017 at 9:05
  • @GaneshSittampalam I guess the convention is "form-" for other such tags. However there are some question that use w2 as noun. i.e. I am on w2 and etc ... so not sure if having a lable form-w-2 is right?
    – Dheer
    Jan 10, 2017 at 10:01
  • 1
    English seems to create its own usage. "Fed Ex" is a company name, but is used as a verb to send overnight, presumably with this company. I've seen "I'm a W-2 employee" which uses W-2 as an adjective. Either way, the OP means "I am paid and have my income reported via Form W-2, I am not self employed or an independent contractor." Jan 11, 2017 at 16:40

1 Answer 1


I agree, they should be merged.

I personally prefer . Form W-2 officially has a hyphen in the middle. Most of the other form tags have "form" in the tag name, and it is nice to be able to type "form" in the tag searchbox and see all the form tags appear.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .