The term HRA means two different things:
- In the U.S., HRA is Health Reimbursement Arrangement, an employer-funded benefit for medical expenses.
- In India, HRA is House Rent Allowance, a component of an employee's salary to be used for housing.
A couple of days ago, I created the hra tag for this question. After doing that, I remembered that HRA meant something different in India, so I created the health-reimbursement-arrangement and house-rent-allowance tags, and tagged a few questions with them.
After I did this, I had a couple of concerns:
- health-reimbursement-arrangement is a really long tagname. Is that a problem?
- When you go to the tag search box and type "hra", neither of the new tags comes up. I was hoping that by putting the text "HRA" in the tag excerpt for both tags they would come up in a search, but no such luck.
Each of these topics has several questions and deserves a tag, in my opinion. So, my question is: What should we do for tags for these two topics? Some options are:
- Keep the tags as I have them now, health-reimbursement-arrangement and house-rent-allowance. Don't worry about the long tagnames or the tag search problems.
- Add "hra" to each tag name, so they become hra-health-reimbursement-arrangement and hra-house-rent-allowance. This would fix the search problem, but would make the tag names even longer.
- Use one tag for both, hra. This is what we decided to do with the HSA tag, because there is an HSA in both the U.S. and Canada. However, both the American and Canadian HSA's are related to health expenses, and we have yet to get a question about Canadian HSAs. The American and Indian HRAs really are completely unrelated.
- Something else?