Why Option spreads in registered accounts closed? This isn't my question.
I want answer it with https://www.interactivebrokers.ca/en/index.php?f=13406&p=tfsa
TFSA is allowed to trade the following qualified investments:
- Stocks listed on designated US and Canadian exchanges (excluding Venture-NEX segment and CSE single listed stocks)
- Long equity call options
- Long equity put options
- Short equity call options with a fully covered position (covered call)
- Long equity put options with a fully covered position (protective put).
- Long put/call options on indices.
- Warrants/Rights if the underlying asset acquired under the right to purchase is a qualified investment.
- U.S. Bonds.
- FX conversions limited to USD/CAD