Should we combine the and tags? Also, shouldn't it be instead of ?

3 Answers 3


The one tag works, in my opinion, although unlike the US-specific Roth IRA or 401(k), it would require a country tag if the question didn't provide context.


It doesn't make sense to have both the and tags. I'm used to HSA standing for "health savings account," but if it means "health spending account" in Canada (as is mentioned in a comment), let's just use the tag (which could stand for either), and make a synonym. You could also make a synonym for , but that tag doesn't exist yet.

Edit: 3/3/2016

This is still bugging me. It looks like everyone on this question agrees that there should only be one tag and should be it, and yet we still have two, due to the low attention that this question has gotten. Let's keep and set up the other tag as a synonym. If you agree, vote up JoeTaxpayer's answer (and mine) and vote down Alex B's answer (it looks like he disagrees with his own answer in the comments) and let's make this happen.

  • Your answer already has my vote. Mar 5, 2016 at 3:02
  • 1
    I think we should go ahead and do this soon - I've marked the question with the featured tag so it'll hopefully get a bit more attention first. Apr 17, 2016 at 10:15
  • Now implemented - I also made health-savings-account as another synonym to make it clear that hsa is intended to cover both. I've tweaked the tag wiki a bit too but it could do with more editing. Apr 19, 2016 at 20:10
  • @GaneshSittampalam Thanks. And we did it before the 5-year mark. Not bad. :)
    – Ben Miller
    Apr 19, 2016 at 21:08

I'm in favor of creating a synonym from -> and from -> .

  • FWIW, "health spending account" appears to be the nomenclature here in Canada, whereas "health savings account" is more common in the U.S. May 6, 2011 at 0:32
  • 2
    Heh, so maybe both long forms should go to hsa which is sufficiently ambiguous to cover both cases :)
    – bstpierre
    May 9, 2011 at 12:26
  • @bstpierre I like your creative solution
    – Alex B
    May 9, 2011 at 18:24
  • @Chriswrea wikipedia agrees with you... Do we keep both long forms? Do we add a synonym to one of them? If you have ideas, post another answer.
    – Alex B
    May 9, 2011 at 18:26

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .