In reviewing posts on Money I've found that there are large numbers of questions that have a lists of highly temporally localized answers. By this I mean the answers are quickly out of date. For example:
- Best online broker for research
- Best Free Tax Prep software?
- Which is the best internet salary estimator?
- What is the best internet bank?
- Best online sites for virtual stock trading? Yikes! I asked this one back in the early days...
These questions all go out of date quickly. Online brokers go out of business, change names, and go from being free to paid services. Tax Prep software quality can change drastically over time. I don't think we're making the internet a better place by having these out of date questions lying around all over the place, and SE doesn't provide a good mechanism for having the top answers updated routinely.
What should we do about these existing questions, and what should our policy be for these types of questions going forward?