Pete Bel is a Senior Software Engineer and one of the founding hires at Primal Innovation. He received his M.S. degree, in Computer Science, from Florida Institute of Technology and his B.S. from Western Washington University, which is also in Computer Science. Previously Pete worked as a Principal Engineer at FedEx Services and Symantec Corporation; and as an Engineer at Verizon. Obtaining his first development job while still a sophomore in college, Pete has more than 20 years experience in the design and development of relational database based business systems.
While at Symantec Corporation, Pete researched and published work that utilized artificial intelligence techniques to solve problems and improve customer experience. While at Fedex Services Pete use J2EE and Cloud based computing to deliver the next generation of customer oriented services. Among these services were improved search algorithms, performance improvements to shipment processing applications, and adding services that allowed customers to submit customs documents (for international shipments) via the web. At Primal Innovation, Pete did whatever it took to help grow the company from 4 million in revenue to over 100 million in just three years. That worked included writing technical documentation, doing patent work, architecting and overseeing the development of a client-server networking management system, envisioning repeatable business processes to increase production reliability, developing custom internal systems that helped manage the business, and even doing a little systems engineering.
Member for 5 years, 11 months
13 profile views
Last seen Aug 22 '18 at 11:09
Top network posts
- 241 Why isn't everybody rich?
- 173 How to deal with the credit card debt from family member that has passed away?
- 170 How do I tell someone I recently met that I am in a relationship?
- 169 Is this $200 "welcome money" (from a major bank) some sort of scam?
- 168 Is it a lie that you can easily make money passively in the stock market?
- 161 How do people know if there are sufficient funds available when accepting payment by check?
- 132 By 18 years of age, I want a brand new car that's $43,668
- View more network posts →