I am a former moderator on Stack Overflow and Ebooks Stack Exchange, two communities I love and was honored to serve. In October 2019, actions taken by Stack Exchange, Inc. forced me to the decision that I could no longer serve in good conscience as a moderator, nor did I feel safe continuing to do so.
I have monitored events intermittently since my resignation and come to a painful conclusion: I must bid farewell to these sites. I will no longer participate on the sites I previously moderated or on any other Stack Exchange sites.
This decision was forced upon me, as Stack Exchange (the company) has breached the trust of its users, especially its volunteer moderators, and has shown no interest in repairing the harms it has inflicted on the community, including specific harms to the reputation of one of the most-respected moderators in the network’s history. The company has made clear that these errors and changes are permanent and beyond question or debate. Indeed, its handling of recent developments has shown that it intends to continue to lead by fiat, without meaningful input from users. That is the company’s prerogative, but this course of action makes these sites inhospitable and unworthy places to invest my limited time.
In light of these facts, I cannot and will not further contribute here. It has been a pleasure knowing and working with many of you, and I hope we may meet again under fairer skies.
Member for 7 years, 3 months
3 profile views
Last seen Oct 19 '19 at 3:09
- Stack Overflow 41.7k 41.7k 1414 gold badges6969 silver badges9292 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.6k 3.6k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Ebooks 2.1k 2.1k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Area 51 493 493 11 gold badge11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 422 422 11 gold badge66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 78 How to see full content of long strings with var_dump() in PHP
- 38 In Mercurial what's the difference between hg graft and hg rebase
- 35 Laravel Eloquent: is SQL injection prevention done automatically?
- 27 Should we vote to delete spam posts?
- 25 PDO prepared statement - what are colons in parameter names used for?
- 22 Pros and cons of namespaces vs include/require in PHP?
- View more network posts →