My name is Hans Polak, I used to be the owner, cook, dishwasher, maintenance guy and web designer at 'La Casa del Holandés' in Spain.
I have a master degree (MSc) in Cognitive Artificial Intelligence and specialized in Human Computer Interaction. That's the reason I choose GUI Junkie as my on-line personality (GUI stands for Graphical User Interface).
Thanks to cooking.stackexchange I'm becoming a better cook, and, to give something back, I've posted a number of improvement suggestions at MSO, some of which have been accepted.
The open source code can be found at Github.
Also at Github, there's an opensource backup tool which uses tar and gzip in Linux to create backups of selected directories and files. The tool allows inclusion of directories, exclusion of directories, and it detects new folders.
Both tools were programmed in Python3.
- Seasoned Advice 12.9k 12.9k 2424 gold badges7979 silver badges128128 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.3k 3.3k 1414 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.8k 1.8k 66 gold badges2828 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- User Experience 1.7k 1.7k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 42 Options for dummies. Can you explain how puts & calls work, simply?
- 33 How to I change from Ubuntu to Xubuntu?
- 30 How should spare change be exchanged?
- 29 Upvote = Permalink
- 29 How can I check if my CPU is AMD64 compatible?
- 28 Why do I need to turn on location services to pair with a Bluetooth device?
- 28 How to improve the smartphone keyboard layout?
- View more network posts →