“But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us that when the storm is long past the ocean is flat again." (Keynes)
Member for 5 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 11 '18 at 9:42
- Mathematics 19.9k 19.9k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges9191 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.5k 4.5k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Academia 801 801 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Information Security 643 643 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Chess 389 389 11 gold badge33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 101 'Obvious' theorems that are actually false
- 67 Is there a short contains function for lists?
- 47 Why is uniqueness important for PDEs?
- 46 Can a number have infinitely many digits before the decimal point?
- 38 Is it bad to have cameras using a static IP address?
- 31 "What if" math joke: the derivative of $\ln(x)^e$
- 30 Why can't I call read() twice on an open file?
- View more network posts →