Quantitative developer at an investment fund in New York. Background includes a PhD in Mathematics and postdoctoral work.
I have some knowledge of capital markets and Wall Street culture due to my work and personal interest. I find that most of what seems esoteric about financial markets isn't particularly strange once you realize it's a bunch of humans buying and selling stuff.
New York, NY, United States
Member for 4 years, 9 months
5 profile views
Last seen May 14 '17 at 1:03
- Ask Ubuntu 7.3k 7.3k 33 gold badges3434 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- The Workplace 2.3k 2.3k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Academia 791 791 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 729 729 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Mathematics 519 519 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 173 How do we evaluate a candidate who would not speak to any women during the interview process?
- 90 I was tricked into copy pasting a command, did it hurt me?
- 90 How to tell Chrome what to do with a magnet link?
- 60 How can I make Firefox open magnet-links in Transmission?
- 48 What kinds of desktop environments and shells are available?
- 35 How do I stop video tearing? (Nvidia prop driver, non-compositing window manager)
- 34 How do I get my Mac to boot from an Ubuntu USB key?
- View more network posts →