I develop mostly in the Microsoft stack for an imaging system - C#, SQL-Server, ASP.NET, and SOAP WebServices - with an emphasis more on the back-end (since most of our development is consumed by internal customers that are developing their own GUI front end.)
I enjoy music and music theory, high-level programming with abstractions (oh, man, things are so much better now that I don't have to mess with raw sockets and manual memory allocation) and helping newer developers get a better handle on the thought processes for development. It's one thing to show someone a solution - it's another thing entirely to help them understand how to approach the problem to arrive at that solution.
Des Moines, IA, United States
Member for 2 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jul 11 '18 at 14:12
- The Workplace 23.8k 23.8k 77 gold badges4747 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 2.4k 2.4k 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Politics 2.3k 2.3k 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2k 2k 66 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.5k 1.5k 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 259 Just found I was supposed to be working on a completely different project since 8 months ago. How can I handle this?
- 192 Taking advantage when HR forgets to communicate the rules
- 180 As a vegetarian, how can I deal with microwave ovens smelling of meat and fish?
- 128 Should I share with a new service provider a bill from its competitor?
- 120 Departing senior engineer refuses to introduce replacement to open source community/peers
- 117 My boss wants me to recreate everything I have done for my previous employer
- 116 Problematic employee that can't be fired
- View more network posts →